Fall is in the air and it is time to get together for another Blogger Meet & Greet! This time we will be supporting a local North Carolina Business in Goldsboro, North Carolina.
I wanted to put together some information to help you promote this small business of the Carolinas. I also am including a few tips on making the most of our blogger meet & greet and what to expect if you have not yet attended one before.
About Odom Farming Company
Business name: Odom Farming Company
Location: Goldsboro, North Carolina
What makes this business special to the Carolinas:
Hi, we’re the Odom’s and we welcome you to our farm! We’re third generation farmers who decided in 2010 to do something a little different from those generations before and open our farm up for families and groups to come have a great time on the farm. Our goal is to bring people back to the farm, get them excited about agriculture, and help kids realize that food actually comes from a farm and not a grocery store shelf.
In the spring we have a pick your own strawberry patch, during the summer we run a 20 week CSA program, and in the fall we have a pumpkin patch and corn maze.
We’d love for you to come out and visit our farm! Look through our site and let us know if you have any questions. We hope to see you soon! – source
What you can do as a blogger to help this small business:
Tag yourself at Odom Farming Company on social media as you arrive at the farm
Like Odom Farming Company Facebook page and share events with your readers
Follow Odom Farming Company on Twitter and share events with your readers
Follow Odom Farming Company on Instagram and comment on posts and tag to share with readers
Unique blog post ideas:
- write a blog post about what a CSA is and how it benefits the community and local businesses, include Odom Farming Company in your post
- write a blog post about family friendly fall activities including pumpkin picking and corn mazes, include Odom Farming Company in your post
- write a blog post with tips on taking the best pictures during spring, summer, fall and winter on a farm, include Odom Farming Company in your post
- write a blog post with tips on packing the perfect picnic to take on a day trip to the farm, include Odom Farming Company in your post
- write a blog post with unique alternative ways to decorate a pumpkin for Halloween (no carve, paint, pin decorations), include Odom Farming Company in your post
- write a blog post on the many ways you can bring corn stalks in to your home as fall decorations ( front porch, mantle decoration, yard decoration with scare crow), include Odom Farming Company in your post
Making the most of a blogger meet & greet:
Things to bring:
- business cards to pass out and to network with other bloggers
- camera to take pictures to blog posts
- cell phone to use to share pictures on social media
- an extra bag to hold business cards, paperwork and goodies from the meet & greet
- something to write with and paper to take notes about the meet & greet
- cell phone to use a voice recording to take audio notes to play back for a later blog post
- a screenshot of your ticket for the event or an email confirmation
- a valid ID
What to expect at a Carolina Blogging Meet & Greet:
One of our favorite activities to do at Carolina Blogging is to host a meet & greet! This gives us the opportunity to meet group members in person and put a face to a blog name. Our meet & greet’s are held in a casual environment and we typically follow this itinerary.
- blogger and guest ticket check in
- blogger introductions
- review of housekeeping rules for location we are attending
- review of upcoming events and activities for bloggers
- blogger activity – at Odom Farming Company we will have a blogger scavenger hunt
- regroup for activity recap and Q&A
- blogger swag bags and raffle prizes for participants
We look forwarding to seeing you at our meet & greet at Odom Farming Company on 09/23 from 3-5pm EST.
Here are the details of the location again:
Odom Farming Company
1426 Claridge Nursery Road Goldsboro, NC 27530
event time: 3pm – 5pm EST
If you have any questions, contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.